Agnostic.com

9 15

LINK Evangelical Leaders Raise Alarms About Christian Nationalism In Their Ranks : NPR

Even the Xians are concerned about the wackos.

A coalition of evangelical Christian leaders is condemning the role of "radicalized Christian nationalism" in feeding the political extremism that led to the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 by supporters of former President Donald Trump.

In an open letter, more than 100 pastors, ministry and seminary leaders, and other prominent evangelicals express concern about the growing "radicalization" they're seeing, particularly among white evangelicals.

The letter notes that some members of the mob that stormed the Capitol carried Christian symbols and signs that read, "Jesus Saves," and that one of the rioters stood on the Senate rostrum and led a Christian prayer. The letter calls on other Christian leaders to take a public stand against racism, Christian nationalism, conspiracy theories and political extremism.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ohh so now they’re worried. Well the horse already escaped. They have the blood on their hands now.

Does anyone here really think they care?

It seems they didn't at first but now the horses are running wild and now it become a problem. After the invasion of DC I started hearing more evangelical clergy becoming alarmed. A little late.

This should be known to everyone. The problem I see is that not everyone listens to or watched NPR programming. Evangelical leaders need to do more to get this message out. Or, is there just a problem with media in general? Keep in mind that I see the world as about selling something and making money.

Maybe they should deal with the ones they preached into office.

Yes it is about time they did

About damned time that some of them showed some some morality on the issue.

Don’t give them too much credit.

At least some of them have a clue about what's going on.

Waaay too little, Waaaaay too late.. y'all Nazis now..

Lets hope the cult inmates can bring the cult to order.
As of right now I have my doubts that the Churches can reign in their mental health cases.
All I can say to Evangelical leaders is try harder or someone else will have to do it and none of us really want that, unless we're given no choice.

They better speak louder and stop supporting elected officials that are clearly racist and think trump actually won the election.

Like that’s realistic??!! LOL

I sincerely doubt that that will ever happen soon.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579405
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.