Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Scott Lively: I Asked God to Destroy a Strip Club, So He Caused a Gas Explosion! | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Anti-LGBTQ activist Scott Lively — the man who inspired Uganda’s infamous “Kill the Gays” bill — told a story yesterday about how he used to drive by a strip club and prayed God would destroy it.

And then one day, he says, it happened.

Obviously, the gas explosion (if it even really happened) isn’t connected to his prayers. What I can’t figure out is if he would’ve given a damn had people died in the blast. This is a guy who is so opposed to homosexuality, he was arguably responsible for a bill that involved the execution of gay people. I wouldn’t put it past him.

snytiger6 9 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think you answered your own question. No, he wouldn’t have cared. These pastors along with the Bible they worship have no problems with murder, as long as it’s justifiable within their interpretation of the book.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579910
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.