Agnostic.com

7 3

i'm only posting this for the few ppl with open minds who have an interest.
the true believers will just dismiss it without understanding it.

[zerohedge.com]

callmedubious 8 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your headline shoots holes in your own feet.Go ahead; shoot away.

Fundamental Flaw in a lot of the arguments in this article.

Example
In fact, in the whole of human history we have used less energy that the Sun produces in that 1 second.

Flaw
Energy used does not create climate change. Green house gases do.

A lot of unscientific jumps in logic made in this article

And I do think Global warming is man made. We know it's happening, so I won't argue about that one. But it's not a belief I have. No more a belief than evolution is a belief. Just facts and science.

@powder Natural Gas produces Co2. Oil produces double the amount of Co2 for the same energy produced. Coal creates 8 times the Co2 for the same energy. My point was not that Fosil fuels don't create climate change. My point was Green house gases do. And different fossil fuels create different Green house gases, so the important thing to look at is the Co2 emissions. And Methane is produced by Beef farming. No energy output but Methane is 60 times more damaging then Co2 when it comes to to the green house warming effect they have. And this is Why Coal is the first thing we need to stop using

@powder Then we both agree. Just coming at it from different angles

The sunspot minimum is over or nearly so. The articles conclusions didn't follow from the true facts that got (accidentally) presented, so yeah, propaganda. Or, agitprop as is apparent in your phrasing.

The dubiety of your sources, contentions and understanding is noted.

You may want to watch this.

to be honest i'm a sceptic when it comes to govt predictions & motives. i've seen too many of their scaremongering predictions turn out to be ridiculously wrong.

and the climate change biz is big biz with the billions of grants handed out.
many scientists become dependent on these grants/subsidies & politicians being politicians (mostly lying, scheming thieves) will embrace any popular theme that will get them elected & keep them in power.

@callmedubious Well, time will tell who is right.

I'm actually quite familiar with motivated reasoning and the various other logical fallacies your link illustrates in spades.

Extreme right wing conspiracy pseudoscience with no supporting evidence. Sorry, Charlie.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

@powder Feel free to provide evidence to support your position, like I did.

@powder My time is far too valuable to waste it on your inane ramblings which, by the way, do not constitute evidence. You have no credibility here.

@powder Try telling the truth, instead of your predictable conservative bullshit. By the way, this was my comment, Einstein.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580002
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.