Agnostic.com

5 11

LINK Christian Nationalist (and Former WV Official) Arrested for Role in Capitol Riot | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

A former Christian city council member has been arrested on charges of theft, disorderly conduct, and breaking into restricted space during the Capitol insurrection on January 6. That’s according to an FBI agent’s arrest warrant made public today.

Some backstory: In 2018, in West Virginia, a Parkersburg City Councilman named Eric Barber was so dickish about having Christian prayers at meetings that when some atheists remained seated during the invocation, Barber stared them down, turned on the microphone after the prayer, and shouted “Amen” into it — presumably to let those dissenters know which religion mattered more.

When Brett Kavanaugh was nominated to the Supreme Court, Barber responded by gleefully posting online, “Better get you’re [sic] coathangers [sic] ready liberals.”

snytiger6 9 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Eric Barber sounds like a terrible bigoted man.

Don't go easy on him either, hit him with the ENTIRE book and every penalty/s the Law allows.

He’s the type of person who deserves a bitch slap to his ugly face!!

Yes, by “the rock”

@Canndue, rocks, imo, one on either side of his face simultaneously as well.

@Canndue I would pay to see that!😉

@Redheadedgammy Me too!

So much for the bogus claim that one has to have religion in order to have morals!

More religious stupidity I wish I could have been there face to face with this clown. I would have been in one of these

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.