Agnostic.com

7 2

I have a ? for those who have some medical knowledge regarding Covid vaccination. I am not interested in hearing from anybody that is an anti-vaxer or someone who is into disputing the medical experts on Covid, etc. You know who you are. I got Covid in Dec. and had symptoms for about days. I also got the Regeneron immuno therapy a few days after my positive test.

I will probably be eligible to get vaccinated in a couple months. My sister who is a former nurse and currently a contact tracer for a health dept., says that because I had Covid, I will only need the first shot of the two shot vaccines. What advice do you have on if I should get one of the vaccines, and, do you think I will need both shots of it?

TomMcGiverin 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Experimental gene therapy IS NOT VACCINATION .... the death rates are going down from Pfizer and other so called vax....I am 100% pleased most people in USA are wearing masks caring to protect their neighbors and themselves... as for the efficacy of it all I wish you well ..... I am lucky to have my father's immunity to the so called Spanish Influenza 104 103 years ago. . He was 12 and helped bury many victims in Monroe County Iowa..... I was offered this so called vax by McFarland Clinic via text I IGNORED both texts I NEVER requested this shit .... @TomMcGiverin call the hospital in Ames and beg for my injection I rejected just yesterday you're 21 miles away less risky in Ames than ground zero for viral deaths in DesMoines

The protocol in the us is both shots so get it unless that changes. Immunologically you're getting the second shot (booster) having Covid was the first. There hasn't been trials yet, that confirm one shot is enough.

Yes, over here they say still get vaccinated. But I’d go with what your professionals are advising.

I'm glad that you're not willing to entertain the idiocies of antivaxxers, but asking for medical advice in this format, unless you're just trying to encourage discussion, is how those fools get their beliefs and you're probably not going to get any useful information other than "ask your doctor". That is, talk to someone with expert knowledge.

I concur. Getting vaccinated is warranted as natural infection only provides short duration immunity. Whether or not both shots are needed (of a two shot vaccine) is an interesting question. The AdVac based vaccine of Johnson & Johnson is a one shot so... Would love to know what you find out.

Zster Level 8 Mar 4, 2021

I think you should ask your own doctor, that is what I would do. I think any other advice may just be opinions and guesswork. Glad you recovered well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.