Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK A Texas Newspaper Published an Essay Saying Humans and Dinosaurs Lived Together | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Some newspapers will literally publish anything.

Take The Orange Leader, in Texas, which just published an essay by Karen Y. Stevens, the Executive Director of the local chapter of Meals on Wheels. Instead of talking about the group, where she might have some expertise, Stevens wrote about why Creationism is true. Which it’s not. Which makes the entire essay a parody of itself.

It’s bad enough that we’re told this essay is only part one of a two-part series. Then we get the first sentence:

I believe that Dinosaurs walked this earth but not 140 million years ago like scientist [sic] claim.
snytiger6 9 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

Unbelievable trying to be another Fox news

It’s actually frightening that a bona fide newspaper would publish this without some kind of a rider that it was only this lady’s opinion and not a scientific fact. In fact it should have stated that all reliable scientific evidence ran contrary to her belief. But it is Texas...so I’m not actually surprised, just sad for those who will read and believe it.

I wouldn't exactly it's a 'bona fide paper. More along the lines of National Enquirer faux rag.

@JackPedigo Ah...I see.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581113
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.