Agnostic.com

8 9

LINK Here Are Some Helpful Tips for Coming Out as an Atheist | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

YouTuber OmoIgbo has some fantastic advice on how to come out as an atheist.

Some of it is autobiographical — like saying she wishes she had come out to her parents sooner — but most of it is pretty universal. It’s excellent information for anyone who’s on the verge of making that leap but may have some concerns about the repercussions. (follow link for video)

snytiger6 9 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My personal tips/preferences,

1. Tell it EXACTLY as it is,
  2. IF they don't like it, then it IS their problem NOT yours to deal with,
  3. Do NOT back down under ANY circumstances what-so-ever, stick to your guns always,
  4. YOU have THROWN off the Chains and Shackles of Religious Enslavement, YOU are now FREE, remain FREE, you ARE no longer part of the Flocks of Sheeple, stay that way,
  5. and MOST important of all, Do NOT allow the Sheeple to use their pressure/s to cause you to DOUBT either yourself or YOUR decision/s.

Good for her! Most Nigerians are extremely religious and her parents may never fully understand.

I have taken the final step; I have smiled and said, “Fuck god.”

Which one, Tom?

@DenoPenno ALL OF THEM, I hope, they richly deserve nothing less imo.

@DenoPenno As @Triphid said, all of them.

Well, the forehead tattoo, may have been a bit impulsive....

keep them guessing, i say!

I won’t back down from saying so if asked. If they don’t like it that’s not my problem.

I will keep it in mind.

I don't discuss religion or politics outside of agnostic.com and Twitter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.