Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Letters From An American 03/09/2021

The only big thing I see today is that Bob Smietana of the Religion News Service broke the story that evangelical Beth Moore, a hugely popular leader, has left the Southern Baptist Church. A survivor of sexual assault, Moore objected to her denomination’s support for Trump in light of the Access Hollywood tapes in which he boasted of sexual assault. She has increasingly parted ways with church leaders and now has announced that she is leaving the denomination. Her departure could lead a number of women out of that church.

The departure of a leader from the Southern Baptist Church sparked by opposition to Trump and church support for him indicates the growing split in the Republican Party. Trump today continued his attempt to undercut the Republican National Committee by hamstringing its fundraising. He issued a statement saying that while he “fully” supports the Republican Party, “I do not support RINOS [Republicans in Name Only] and fools, and it is not their right to use my likeness or image to raise funds.” He urged people to donate to his own political action committee to help the America First movement. “We will WIN, and we will WIN BIG!” he wrote. “Our Country is being destroyed by the Democrats!”

The party split is intense enough that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who is pro-Trump at this point, declined to appear today with Republican conference leader Liz Cheney, who said last week that Trump had no future in the party.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Eventually the Christians will suffer greatly because of their support for Trump.

I think of Trump as a fascist dictator in waiting.

There is a lot riding on what Marc Elias can accomplish. Americans need to vote to make the changes we need if a relevant democracy is to continue in America.
I have not unfriended my one trump supporter in my FB friend list. Many of Heather's information from the history and politics chats she does comes in handy to refute some of the incorrect stuff my gop friend posts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581313
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.