Agnostic.com

7 9

When the royals complain about stuff, this is what I see.

RoboGraham 8 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So you have to be poor for your suffering to be real and valid?

No, you just have to not be inhumanly wealthy and/or not claim to be superior due to birthright.

@Zoltans_Queen I call BS on that. You don’t have the right to say who’s capable of suffering and who isn’t. You don’t get to decide that people above an arbitrary threshold don’t experience pain. People who think this way are utterly prejudiced.

I think it’s ironic that everyone wants to be rich, but then those same people are heartless against those who are rich.

@Apunzelle

That's true. Their suffering is real. It's just that, I don't care about their problems. There's far too much sorrow and suffering in this world for me to extend any of my limited empathy to the people who are the tippy top of the global hierarchy. I suppose that is my one prejudice. I am very much opposed to the ruling class.

Not everyone wants to be rich, I don't. I want enough wealth to live a decent and fulfilled life, and I want that everyone else as well. And it's these people who hoard obscene amounts of wealth who make that very feasible dream impossible.

@Zoltans_Queen

Well said

@Apunzelle

Your assumption that everyone wants to be rich is incorrect. There are plenty of people, including myself, who just want enough to be happy.

@RoboGraham Right you are. I should have said it “seems” everyone wants to be rich. Clearly there are many exceptions. 🙂

@Zoltans_Queen I think that’s better said than your original post. 😉

@Apunzelle

I wish that this weird desire to collect large grotesque amounts of money was the exception rather than the rule. We'd all be a lot better off. But unfortunately, most people feel that possessing as much as possible is the point of life.

@RoboGraham And the more you have, the more you need (to maintain what you have). It’s a vicious, never-ending circle.

@Apunzelle

Yes, that's for sure

Some of the most privileged people on the planet claiming to be victims.

All lies.... The reason Archie is not a prince is because of a 100 year old rule created by the monarchy.

Markle is a whining lier. A privileged racist demanding attention.

Just because someone is born into wealth, or has made a lot of money, it does not mean they are immune to pain, or being harmed in any way. They still have human emotions and it is wrong to act like they don't have the right to feel them because they are financially secure.

Harry lost his mother at a very young age and no amount of money can take that pain away from him. He doesn't want to see his wife go through things that his mother had to endure.

I should add that, personally, I think royalty and titles need to just go away; but I will not deny that someone has suffered, or is suffering, just because they are wealthy.

They have every right to feel whatever they feel.

I just wish they didn't exist.

@RoboGraham Indeed! The arcane notion of a 'royal family' belongs in the dustbin of history. The very concept that a particular family is genetically qualified to rule is too absurd for refutation. Whether it be Saudi Arabia, Spain, Great Britain or Brunei (to name several), there simply is no justifiable reason for monarchy in the 21st century!

Away with kings & queens, princes & princesses, dukes & duchesses, earls & countesses, barons & baronesses, and sultans even--they are parasitic relics who have no reason for being, even in our imaginations (think Wakanda)! Throughout history, the throne has been in league with the altar, and the altar has propped up the throne, a clear demonstration that neither institution is of intrinsic value to the people. Any man or woman whose sole desire is to be a 'subject' (whether it be of crown or church) abdicates their own self-worth, individuality and dignity.

@p-nullifidian

!00% agreement.

And same goes for billionaires.

@RoboGraham Second-generation billionaires, perhaps, but self-made billionaires are not, in my view, a problem. Oprah Winfrey was born into poverty in Mississippi and overcame being molested and impregnated as a 14 year old to be the actress, author and host that she became, and J.K. Rowling was a single mother on the edge of poverty when she published her first Harry Potter book. On what ethical or moral basis would you disposses these women of their earnings?

Well at least Oprah earned her wealth and didn't have it handed to her by birth or matrimony!

Same here.

They complain? I'm sorry. I wasn't listening.

They have such a hArD LiFe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581630
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.