Agnostic.com

5 11

LINK Obamacare’s About to Get a Lot More Affordable. These Maps Show How.

For this year and next, the stimulus bill boosts subsidies for nearly all those buying their own coverage, making insurance free for more people and giving higher-income people discounts for the first time.

The American Rescue Plan broadens the subsidies available under the Affordable Care Act for comprehensive health insurance — increasing them for people who are already eligible, and providing new assistance for people with incomes previously too high to qualify. The top set of maps, drawn from calculations made by the Kaiser Family Foundation, show how much the changes will reduce what people pay for health insurance around the country, depending on their location and age.

This is good news for me. I just saw the cost of COBRA for my coverage, it's more than I made in two weeks with the company. That is nuts.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well I am very glad to hear more people will be able to access coverage. This is very important, especially at this point in time. Are the subsidies temporary? I didn't read through it all. There needs to be a plan enacted that permanently levels accessibility to a more fair expense for all below a certain income threshold.

While I am pleased more people will be able to afford insurance we have to stop subsidizing the insurance industry. Back to calling my reps to come up with a plan to rein big pharma and the insurance industry.

IMO putting money into the Affordable Care Act will just bail out the Insurance companies. The money will be better spent on Medicare For All which will really help sick people.

Cobra is the absolute Last choice...you would get Far more coverage,for less,thru almost any other plan....if over 5. 5 try AARP.

By the time that Biden's first year as president is over, it should be do obvious that Biden is the most caring and competent president that e have had sine Harry Truman, and maybe since FDR.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581814
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.