Agnostic.com

4 8

As a third grade teacher Shel Silverstein was my favorite poet. I usually started a new school year with this one at the entrance to my classroom.

Sierra4 8 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

love what you posted

Love Shel Silverstein.

I couldn't tell you how many times I was beat for day dreaming, when I was really just disassociating with life because of the previous beatings...
But I remember in Carl Sagan's book "Cosmos" a fragment of the "Four Quartets" by T.S. Eliot that I still remember.

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

I clung to it because it means that I'll someday look back on my life and it'll make sense.
In a sense it has, but it wasn't as comforting as I had hoped.

I LOVE the books of Shel Silverstein! Saved them all.

My favorite poem of his is "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out."

Yes he was great. I saved my books also. Did you know that he wrote the song A Boy Named Sue that Johnny Cash had a big hit with.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582084
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.