Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Airline Settles Lawsuit with Woman Told to Switch Seats to Appease Orthodox Jews | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

A woman who was told to switch seats on a plan to accommodate the faith-based sexism of ultra-Orthodox Jews has received an out-of-court settlement from the airline.

Melanie Wolfson had been traveling from her home in Tel Aviv, Israel to the UK on two separate occasions when these incidents occurred:

snytiger6 9 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those Orthodox men should make those arrangements when booking their seats or gotten 2 1st class tickets. I have had flight attendants ask me to move my seat. I was compensated. Not $20K but a voucher. I couldn't refused but I didn't. I wouldn't moved for free. It seems to me the two woman who traded with those two religious wingnuts should have been the ones compensated. If I sued every time I'd been inconvenienced I'd have retired a long time ago.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.