Agnostic.com

14 13

Why Do People Act Duplicitous and Unfaithful?

Two years ago, I dated a medical doctor with a plane.

I loved flying over the mountains with Bill. Love seeing everything pressed below me like a map. I like the thrill of vertigo when the plane banked to turn, when the Earth tipped up alongside you - mountains and rivers reaching inside you and seizing your heart.

"I have good thoughts of our time together," Bill emailed two weeks ago. "I miss you." This started daily texting. Bill called me "sweetie" and "darling."

On our second date, I took Bill snowshoeing up to Lake Clara and Marion. He rented snowshoes as it was his first time. "Last winter, I snowshoed twice in the mountains near Blewett Pass," he said. "You inspired me. I'm going to buy snowshoes this summer."

"You're a great photographer," he said. "I love the photos you took from the plane that you sent me. I love your baking." He praised my "erudite lexicon," trying to butter me up.

He even sent me a dick pic. Ugh. Why do men think this appeals to women? To me it's immature, like little boys peeing in the snow and comparing their penis size.

"Are you dating anyone else?" I asked yesterday. Yes, Bill replied. "Do you love her?" I asked. "Yes, but our relationship lacks a certain passion," he said. Glad I asked.

That ended it for me. Disgusted, I deleted our texts. This morning sent him a kiss-off email:

Subject: Duplicitous and Unfaithful

Bill,

You're lucky I don't know your girlfriend. I'd have you by the short and curlies.

Kathleen

Haha! And he calls himself a Christian.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because that is what they are. They do not act it. They are it. Why? Brain function.

"Dic Pic" ? I am OOoooout!

He's a Christian that's the problem

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 16, 2021

Some people just feel entitled. Or they can't make the distinction between loving people and using them, and they always get the loving part wrong, even though they are quick to say the words. Some people lack empathy and/or compassion. Some people are just cruel. Some people are malignant narcissists. My former husband checked all of these boxes.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 16, 2021

Well....you always had Paris.........

Who hasn’t bought that great piece of fruit, brought it home, and the next morning it is rotted....

@Canndue

Good analogy.

Sorry you had trouble

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 14, 2021

Yeah, at our age, dating just seems next to impossible. And I'm ok being alone.

@Larimar

No kidding. I'm happy living alone.

My life is full with volunteering, hiking, reading, cooking, baking, laughing and talking with friends.

@LiterateHiker that means you're single but not alone 😊

@Gwendolyn2018 Three years for me. The longer I'm unpartnered, the more I prefer being that way.

Sorry.

Real asshole of a guy. But good pictures and you have a visually inspiring description of flying

I think if he really loved his girlfriend he would not be sending photo of his genitals. Oh I thought you had an oral surgeon for a boyfriend.

@Robert_2001

I dumped the oral surgeon. Turns out he is severely emotionally repressed, a conversational dud and heavy drinker.

"I couldn't fill 10 minutes with personal insights at gunpoint," he said. He was right.

Most people can hold it together for about three dates. Then bad behavior comes out, the same bad behavior that killed their last relationships.

I'm not a drinker. He brought alcohol and drank it each time we met. One evening, he drank an entire bottle of wine plus whiskey and it didn't phase him. An alcoholic? No thanks.

@LiterateHiker You are w/o a doubt the most beautiful older lady on here. I have a problem understanding why you don't have a crowd at your doorstep. I understand the drinking issue & shake my head in wonderment that any suitor would even consider bring booze to the "party."

Same answer as to the question "Why do dogs lick their balls?"
........ Because they can.
...... So too are some women duplicitous.

He should be glad you don't know how to get in contact with his GF.

Well Christians know that they will be forgiven, when they seek out confession and say a few Hail Marys..

I can not imagine sending any woman, ever, a dic pic. Were I a woman, instant deal breaker. As a guy, no, I don't need a crotch shot. Again, instant deal breaker.

My gf and I do it all the time. It's fun and something I never really did before

@thyperson If it works for you and the consent and desire are mutual, good for you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582240
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.