Agnostic.com

9 5

LINK The Catholic Church Wants to Remind You That God Thinks Gay Marriages Are Gross | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The Catholic Church Wants to Remind You That God Thinks Gay Marriages Are Gross
By Hemant Mehta
March 15, 2021

Given the chance to do the right thing — the obvious thing — the Catholic Church has, once again, failed.

The Vatican issued a formal response today to the question of whether Catholic priests can “bless” same-sex unions. The answer up to this point has always been no. After all, the Catechism of the Catholic Church says homosexual acts are “intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law” and that homosexual “tendencies” are “objectively disordered.”

But given that Pope Francis supports civil unions — i.e. legal rights for gay couples — maybe the Church had finally opted to move into this century?

Nope.

snytiger6 9 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christians/Catholics always seem so upset and fixated on homosexuality which is only alluded to a couple of times in the bible.

Meanwhile, divorce is mentioned more than two dozen times yet these same religious zealots never speak out, protest, or try and criminalize divorce.

It's almost as if they don't understand what hypocrisy is.

I'm not surprised. The Catholic Bible condemns homosexuality, so to do anything other than not support homosexuality would mean they don't believe in at least a part of their Bible. That would open discussion to all other obviously wrong parts of their Bible.

I say so what. I was raised as a Roman Catholic, until I simply refused to participate in the madness when I was only 10 years old. Nothing the Church says or does affects me at all, so I end by saying "I do not even pay attention to what they say, no less fret about it".

Why should he have to apologize? He has right to express any opinion he pleases but I think Canada has hate speech laws

There are more equality laws that protect people that aren’t, ‘straight’ now, thank goodness.

@girlwithsmiles Btw, what or where or who is this “goodness” that so many people thank? ( grin )

@yvilletom Ok, ya got me....those that work hard and campaign for the changes we believe should happen?

They’ll never change......but thats fine they’ll just become irrelevant sooner rather than later. They know that.

#fucktheCatholicchurch

I think is important for everyone to realize just how much I care for what these people think, much less than the energy it took to write this.

But gay sex with minors by priests is perfectly fine with their version of god. Must take a lot of effort to bend ones mind around their actions and beliefs.

So, having the Exalted Founder of their System of Belief, Jesus, wandering around the country-side ACCOMPANIED by 12 other MALES, sleeping together in the ditches and by road-sides, hold a Men only Feast night, etc, etc, is quite moral and fits well with the ' natural law of things? '
Then along comes some woman, Jesus discovers that he is REALLY Bi-sexual and his best 'Buddy, ' Peter gets all uppity over this woman moving in on his territory.
But, according to Catholicism, that's quite within the ' Natural Law of Things,' makes a whole of sense to me NOT.

On the plus side I saw the most romantic gay scene I’ve ever seen in a movie called, ‘The Old Guard’ last night. Plus they were kick ass fighters 😊

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.