Agnostic.com

7 2

I like people who are decidedly different. The broken ones, the wild and wacky ones, the ones who dare to be different! They say like attracts like.

Still waiting here.

It's those perfect people that make me want to holler and scream. Everything in its place. Their hair, and clothing styles immaculate along with their plastic smiles.

I knew a girl once when I worked at the hospital a very long time ago (in my mid 20s) who was so dang perky and smiling all the time. She would always ask how are you LuAnn? with this big beaming smile. I mumbled ok. My mind was like how on earth is she like that? And it was consistant. Each time. The same. Each time the same question. Each time me mumbling, "fine."

Life went on.

I moved on.

Some 40 years goes by...I was exercising at the local gym. All of a sudden I heard THAT PERKY VOICE!!!! That smile was in front of me. That same question!!!! Although she had aged (we both had) she seemed a bit worse for the aging. She hadn't changed in her demeanor. I most likely would not have recognized her as she had changed in appearance quite a bit. But one thing remained the same. That DAMNED PERKINESS! I mumbled a "fine."

Maybe I should have entitled this post, "Things that are fake and really annoy me." Oh well, she seemed just as happy as ever. Perhaps I should....nah...no way ....I just couldnt do it.

So how yall feel about perky plastic people?

JustLuAnn 7 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe you're both normal.

How did we all get this idea that perkiness is fake? Maybe some people are just naturally perky!

Similarly, it frustrates me that we tend to describe a person as "showing their true colors" when they are at their worst. But why should we think that their worst self is any more sincere than their best self?

I dunno she just didn't seem genuine. Just my impression.

@JustLuAnn I think that I know what you mean...in my initial response, I was thinking about the perkiest person I knew closely - and I'm sure that it was genuine. She just had a really good attitude, all the freaking time.

After giving memory a little time to churn, though, I can definitely think of some other types, who wore their perkiness in a ... Oh, what's the right word ... In an aggressive sort of way. Like they were pushing perkiness on me. Like it was a game, and they would win some sort of prize for talking to the introvert, or something.

@AmyTheBruce Perfect way to describe it. It felt aggressive. Thanks for that 🙂

I am perky as all freakin' get-out, you @$%&#×!

There used to be a car sticker every p³ person had on their bumper - it read "Vital people play squash".
I rearranged the words to read "Squash vital play people".

Some people are naturally "perky" just like some people are naturally "cranky". Some people are naturally "nice" and some are naturally "mean". Most of us are somewhere in between. If someone is phony they are usually easy to spot in time. Not a big deal.

fine.

One of my philosophies -- "Sugar coating leads to truth decay" (Swami Beyondananda) 🙂

Well sure the Perfect Ones are perfect but only until you get to know them well, then you get to see what a smoking train wreck carrying a load of horse manure that their lives truly are. To Thine Own Self Be True. (then you can be true to others but not before)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.