Agnostic.com

4 8

BOY! I AM ONE HAPPY MEXICAN!!!
I've Been mentally "bouncing off the walls" with Glee! Just received and accepted a Systems Engineering job. What surprised the HELL outta me was the Salary Offer:
+20.1% Increase from my last engineering job.
With the Vaccine Rollout and Proactive Policies since Jan 20th, 2021, I had decided to take a Positive Attitude and Re-enter the Job Search Market(~1.5 month ago).
Left my last job in May, 2020, for the following:

1. Novice nature of COVID.
  2. My last job, attended Group Meetings where "wee positives" comments were made about the "orange trumpturd" by the Site Manager(even before the Pandemic). Did not feel comfortable given that race and bigotry based hate crimes had increased across the U.S. by an average of 20-25% since June, 2015(specific number dependent on region and race). In one county +127% increase of Hate Crimes.
    3rd: During my Job Interview with the Project Systems and Software Manager(new boss), I "honestly" informed him of why I left my last job (COVID, positive trump comments).
    Lesson Learned:
    Tactically and Strategically: "Honesty is ALWAYS the Best Policy"!
CarlosG903 6 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Congratulations ,let us know how you make out on the job (PS I do not mean sexually,work wise that is lol )

Congrats

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 16, 2021

Congratulations!

Hi Kathleen...many thanks!
If you heard any news reports of Huntsville Police Cars chasing this Mexican,
no worries...that's just Me Doing
"CARTWHEELS" Up and Down the Interstate here. 🙂
P.S. Tell your students that you are mentoring that I learned two lessons:

1. "JUMPING from JOB to JOB" with an STEM degree PAYS off!!
  2. Honesty during any Job Interview Pays Off
    Tactically and Strategically!

Congratulations.

Many thanks!
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy

@CarlosG903 you too

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.