Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK TV Review: Wild, Wild Country - TheHumanist.com

I just finished watching this last night. I would highly recommend it.

From the article; Obviously, the Rajneeshees were doing things that were not right. So you can understand why people were skeptical of them. It’s possible for multiple things to be true at once.

That’s certainly true. The problem is that the “skepticism” of the neighbors started long before there was any evidence that the Rajneeshees were doing anything wrong. So, when you watch, look for the undercurrents that the makers of Wild, Wild Country don’t necessarily want to examine: the fear of “the other” that is prominent in so much of the early reaction against the Rajneeshee and a force that remains sadly untamed in our country today.

zblaze 7 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Verified. Excellent series; fascinating and disturbing. Definitely instant bigotry involved; I sensed that immediately. 10/10 would recommend. Horrifying; can't make this stuff up.

I started watching it and then forgot about it. I'll have to get back to it. It seems there were more of these cults in the news in the 70's,; moonies, jonestown, hari krishnas, and others. We've had a few of them here in MN over the years too. People acutally sold their homes andfarms and gave the cult all their money and lived in poverty with others and a kooky leader.
I'll have to watch "One of Us" also. Crazy stuff!

Cults are something we all need to be aware of and the public at large needs education about. Another great documentary along those lines is "One of Us", it's about the Hasidic Jewish community. Absolutely chilling.

I came from a very inclusive church that many have defined as a cult. It's a wonderful thing to get out of, I wish I could get more people aware of the danger.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:58269
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.