Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Villagers & Pillagers: Who Will Survive the Collapse? - CounterPunch.org

"Unless you live in a state of denial you’re probably like me, troubled about the future. There’s not much left of mine, but my daughter’s generation and their children will have to survive the aftermath of fossil-fueled civilization on the ravaged, toxic planet we’ve left them. How will that look? Will democratic eco-settlements rise from the ruins, gain a foothold, and begin healing the planet? Or will tribal warlords rule the rubble?"

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

An interesting and important question. Ancient peoples had reason for building walls.around their communities, and for putting some people outside the walls.

I was rather amazed at all the possible battles lines that would be drawn. Also, the marked differences between the short term groups riding out a storm versus those ready for complete societal collapse.

Brings to mind a Joseph Heller quote (not in the book itself but one he expressed being interviewed for The Discovery Channel's Great Books series).

"Catch-22 means people have the right to do to you anything that you can't prevent them from doing to you."

That's some catch.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583264
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.