Agnostic.com

4 4

A gutsy self-equipped powerhouse πŸ˜‰ wow what a legend!

TimeOutForMe 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She reminds me very much of our Fijian neighbour Kula when we were kids in New Zealand -- not only in her strength and independence but even in her accent!

Wow, very interesting woman. She is certainly much more optimistic than I am. Yes, things have improved. But the forces of repression and rescission are constantly grappling to pull us back. Looking at the world we see Trump, Erdogan, Putin and so many others trying to reverse the course of progression. When an election between going forward or going backward like the 2020 election in the US is won by such a small margin, I can’t feel that social progress can be sustainable for the long term.
Having said that, I hope I am wrong. But my generation, growing up in the sixties was fighting these same battles, for equality of gender, race and wealth. And here we are sixty years later still fighting for those same things, with only marginal progress against the historical and religious powers that control the real government. Not to mention the millions pulling just as hard to go back even further than where we are.

@Barnie2years you are so very right in all you say.

She just passed away. RIP

@barjoe yes, that's how I got to read about her. What a powerhouse. A great role model for Human Rights Day which was celebrated in South Africa yesterday.

I enjoyed this interview from start to finish. She doesn't pull any punches. We need many more to rise-up and say it for what it is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.