Agnostic.com

8 9

Mormon church indoctrinatIon

St-Sinner 9 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I, too, was indoctrinated (or may I say brainwashed) to be a Moron (oops, Mormon). It was in my late twenties that I did my research and discovered that the LDS church was NOT true. I asked my bishop to prove me wrong, and he arranged to have me excommunicated. Excommunication turns out to be the best thing the Moron church ever did for me. 🙂 It did, however, ruin my family. My Moron wife, on the day that I was excommunicated, took our two children and disappeared. 😟 Soon after that, I was served with divorce papers. I am now remarried and living happily ever after as a non-Moron. 🙂

Sounds like they did you a favor.

If you had of stayed with them you could have your own planet after you die.

That's true for almost all religions.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 22, 2021

Like someone said, an evil cult hiding in plain sight.

It's their "holier than thou" attitude that annoys me. I saw Brandon Flowers of the Killers being interviewed and it was as if he had a monopoly on morality. ffs any self respecting rock star should be throwing TV sets from a hotel window surrounded by groupies while smoking the finest Morrocan weed.

That's offensive! Hawaiian weed is the best…

@Krish55 I bow to your superior knowledge. I gave it up when skunkweed came on the scene.

weed... I though Columbian blow was the standard... but I may be dating myself a bit there.🤣

I feel so sorry for the kids born into mormonism and are not happy about it after growing up and learning better. I've talked with lots of ex-mormons who have struggled out of the faith.

I understand how they indoctrinate the youth upwards, and how it's so hard to leave, but I still wonder what would make a grown man in his 60's suddenly join the mormon church.

My ex-husband, atheist all through adulthood, became a mormon this past summer, baptism in Utah and all, and our kids and I can't understand why. We can only guess that he hopes to marry the lady friend he started seeing while we were still married - 15 years ago - or maybe a friend of hers. We just shake our heads in wonder.

He can do whatever he wants - but he'd better leave our kids and grandkids alone and not try to convert them. Crazy.

Sorry but when you said, " marry the lady friend " I thought, there really is no mystery. You have to understand, we men are very simple. Nature fitted us with a handy handle down between the legs, with which we can be led about like a dog on a lead, and it totally overrides any rational thinking, or even common sense. It really is not complicated.

I wonder what the stats are for people that jettison religion entirely vs those that convert to another denomination thinking they've found truth with that one. And then there are the "seekers" who have converted multiple times. How long before they put them all in the same category?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583799
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.