Agnostic.com

6 4

I saved the day! What a weird experience. The Boy Scouts and Marine Corps prepared me for some things. If you don't have a fire extinguisher in your home, get one now! [united-cats.com]

Druvius 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Always try to keep two around, and I check the gauge a few times a year. One in the kitchen, one in the garage.

I like your writing. Do please keep up the blogging, you've just got a new subscriber. Thankfully wet tea towels have been sufficient for every kitchen fire I've ever tackled but maybe I should think about getting a fire extinguisher.

I had deep fry oil boil over in my kitchen, it got big fast. We were snowed in so firemen were many minutes away. All's well because I had one. The crusty black goo of burnt oil and fire extinguisher is no fun to clean up though.

Cool good thinking

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 22, 2021

Wow, great story. You're a hero! I do have a fire extinguisher, under my kitchen sink. I don't think I've ever used it, but I've seen one used and remember the mess it made.

I don't see an expiration date on mine. Hopefully, if I ever have to use it, I'll just pull the pin, aim, squeeze and stuff will come out to stop the fire. Thanks for the reminder to get or check our fire extinguishers.

I had a fire extinguisher in one of my houses, that was a long time ago. I do remember it was never used. Yay for you for having one and using it. Have you come down off your high yet?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.