Agnostic.com

2 1

Can the Biden administration learn to dance properly or continue to think that merely putting the bully's boot in will succeed?

"Empires live and die by their illusions. Visions of empowerment can inspire nations to scale the heights of global hegemony. Similarly, however, illusions of omnipotence can send fading empires crashing into oblivion." Alfred W. McCoy is the Harrington professor of history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

[consortiumnews.com]

FrayedBear 9 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Republicans are offering Biden and the Democrats no chance other than going it alone. They continue in obstinate and offensive united obstruction. You misrepresent the situation.

I fail to see how claimed lack of common purpose / unity dictates how America behaves towards foreign countries.

In this case however the Biden administration is merely continuing the aggressive belligerent bullying policies of the Trump administration.

@FrayedBear That is either a total lack of understanding or a total misrepresentation.

@wordywalt my statement or the report by the American professor Alfred W. McCoy, Harrington professor of history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison?

If the USA does collapse in my lifetime it will be because of the ultra right wing. Donald Trump came close. Russia already is an authoritarian regime. It's been forever. Czarist Russian, CCCP, Gorbachev and Yeltsin tried, but once Putin took over it was back to a dictatorship. We have freedom we don't want to lose. Russia never had it.

Part of your delusion?

It's completely bizarre how conservatives have thrown in their lot with Putin, either endorsing Trump's failures or fully repeating RT/GRU tropes. And then they accuse us of delusion, as if we'd figure their projection was just more of their culture war. And then they wonder why they have no standing and no credibility.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.