Agnostic.com

7 10

LINK Pagan Employee Sues Panera Bread Citing Religious Discrimination by Her Managers | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Tammy McCoy began working at a Panera in Pleasant Hills, Pennsylvania in late 2019. As far as she knows, she did a good job. She also happens to be a Pagan, but that should have been irrelevant in the workplace. It’s not like she was asking for any kind of special treatment.

But according to a federal lawsuit she just filed against the company, she was taking a break during a shift last May along with General Manager Lori Dubs and Assistant General Manager Kerrie Ann Show (spelled “Kerri” in the lawsuit) when the latter asked her about her faith. McCoy answered honestly. Things went downhill from there.

Show made a face and immediately said, “You’re going to hell.” Dubs, standing near by, vigorously nodded her head in agreement…

A couple of days later, on or about June 2, 2020, the plaintiff asked Show when the work schedule would be posted. Show told the plaintiff, “Your hours are being cut until you find God.” She reiterated that the plaintiff needed to “find God” before she would return the plaintiff to her previous schedule.
snytiger6 9 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder what’s next.

Will they ask how many times a day you go to the bathroom?

Your diet?

It sucks, but this is why I keep certain things to myself. I do not give out my cellphone number to co workers or even supervisors. Some don’t like it......but I don’t care, live with it. I also never discuss what I do on my free time either. Nor do I ever bring up any personal matters and keep my mind focused on ONLY what I’m there to do......which is what I get paid to do. A little bit of thought goes a long way.

"Overzealous" is the wrong word... "vicious" is more like it. I hope she kicks their and Panera's asses in court.

Leelu Level 7 Mar 25, 2021

WTF, Religiosity, Discrimination and Bigotry are again infecting the workplaces in America.
Had it been me, as I did way back in my years as a Nurse, I'd have told that nosy bitch of a Boss to " shove her religion and her job deeply and most firmly where the sun never reaches."
Mind you, I got to keep my job at that Hospital BUT the Head of Nursing got the 'boot' shortly after the C.E.O. heard about it all.

Religion or lack there of should be a private matter and not subject to questioning by her bosses. I hope she gets a huge monetary settlement

"Asking about her faith?" 'Scuse me? Your boss is asking you a totally personal question about your faith? HOW DARE THEY DO THAT? I hope she wins the suit--BIG time!

I hope she ends up owning the corporation.
This kind of shit makes me glad I don't patronize them.
Fuck Panera.

I sure as hell won’t

Well I hope she’s successful, it certainly sounds like religious discrimination/ persecution.

@Admin something strange has happened to the OP with font running off the usual area, if you’re around? Hope all’s ok?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584698
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.