Agnostic.com

7 8

LINK Powerful Pentecostal Movement Aims to Conquer “Seven Mountains” of American Life | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The Seven Mountain Mandate has since become what journalist Elle Hardy calls “the theocratic wave of populism” and “a new and determined Moral Majority for the 21st century” — one that seeks a completely transformed culture, not just in laws and politics, but in every realm of life: the titular Seven Mountains of Religion, Family, Education, Entertainment, Media, Government, and Business.

The theory goes like this: If enough people inject enough Christianity into all of these seven aspects of life, Christians can transform the culture in ways that will both reshape society and prepare it for the End Times. It’s an idea that sanctifies the pursuit of power and justifies just about anything done in the name of Jesus.

snytiger6 9 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Reshape" as in fvck it up.

Why are those mental defectives wanting to inject Christianity rather than, say, Islam, Hinduism, Shinto or Pastafarianism?

The wonderful "end times" all brought in by the number powers of 7. They also have a number 3 which has great powers. God is two (clap) two (clap) two mints in one. Doublemint gum there. We could make it a triplemint or put the magical powers of 7 to work on it. Might work better or allow you to be alive when it happens.

If they’re so anxious for the End Times, and so sure they are going to be the saved ones, why are they so damn worried about the rest of us that don’t believe their silly ideas. We don’t want to hang with them, even if we are wrong! So let them live according to their beliefs and let the rest of us enjoy our heathen ways!

As long as the scientifically verifiable facts are taught in schools and in the media, people can realize on their own that Christianity is not just wrong, but hopelessly silly and viciously cruel. Young people get it and that's why Nones are growing rapidly. Suck it up, Pentecostal and other Christian psychopaths.

ha so much for leave the world i guess huh

Oh, FFS!!
Give me a break!
I'll fight (legally) this kind of garbage until the day I die.

then you have already lost, in a sense

@bbyrd009 Why?

@KKGator well...as the article also touches on, you are now in an "us v them" scenario, and this is most likely going to change you, not them; iow you are now also involved in "spiritual warfare" even if you might call it something else, as opposed to the battle is already won type thinking

so, i don't mean to dissuade you ok, but imo...at least learn from the outcome of your efforts 🙂

"everybody wants to rule the world"

@bbyrd009 I have no interest in ruling the world. Nor do I have any interest in being ruled by delusional religutards.
If it's an "us vs. them" proposition, it's because they're making it that way.

I will resist, just as I always have.
The only way I see myself "losing" the fight is if I acquiesce and go along with their bullshit.
That I will not do.

You are free to see the situation however you wish. As do I.

@KKGator i wish you the best there ok
what if you are currently being ruled by delusional religiotards tho?

one pop theory has it that we are intentionally put into competition, with each other, and etc, the Hegelian dialectic, blah blahblah nevermind lol. go get 'em! i guess

@KKGator ..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.