Agnostic.com

8 11

LINK Tennessee GOP Lawmaker’s Bill Would Ban School Textbooks with Any LGBTQ Content | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

With Tennessee Republicans having nothing better to do than demonize LGBTQ people, State Rep. Bruce Griffey has introduced a bill to purge all public school textbooks of LGBTQ content...

...In other words, if you pretend LGBTQ people don’t exist, maybe kids will always think of themselves as cis and straight. Griffey isn’t just saying you can’t discuss same-sex relationships in health class. He’s saying you can’t even teach a work of literature that includes gay people unless, I guess, it says that person is clearly Hellbound.

snytiger6 9 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the new testament , I read about a guy who wandered round the countryside with a group of male companions and an ex-prostitute. He was reported to had a hand in manufacturing strong drink and liked to dangle stranger's children on his knee.
Should the Bible be banned?

Don't forget the love affair between (future kin) David and Jonathan (Saul's son). When Jonathan died David said his love for him was greater than he had for any woman.

OK, what do they accomplish by pretending LGBTQ people do not exist? Are Tennessee people going to spend their lives in a closet?

Well, kind of makes one think that they are scared someone may finally figure out that, perhaps, their beloved Jeebus Chrust may just have been either Gay or Bi-sexual after all.
I mean a BLOKE wanders around the country-side with 12 other males only, sleeps everywhere with them, then along comes a woman, Jeebus finds her 'interesting' and a number of the blokes start getting quite jealous of her.
To me, something in that story in the Goat-herders Guide to Everything smells quite fishy, to say the least, and it is DEFINITELY NOT coming from the baskets of loaves and fishes either.

Bible belt politics

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 26, 2021

There goes their bible then!

Yeah, there is the story of a young king David and Saul's son Jonathan. How they met secretly, came together kissing and fell to the ground, an dhow when Jonathan was killed, David said he loved him more than he had any woman...

It makes you wonder if these states are so well run, (great roads, balanced budgets, high quality schools) that they have nothing better to do than attacking segments of society that they don’t begin to understand.

No shortage of fuckin’ stupidity in this world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584930
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.