Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Sunday evening Update - Covid-19 Dr John Campbell

Just the facts.

barjoe 9 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Googled him, this guy is not actually an MD, he has advanced Nursing Degrees and a PhD in a related field, thus the "Dr."

Nurse Practitioner teaching professor. He knows a lot and is highly respected by MDs.

@barjoe i like him! Very clear! But the "Dr" in this context seems a bit.......something......

@AnneWimsey Didn't we go offer this worth Jill Biden? While a doctor may refer a patient for specialized care, such as to a neurologist, the physician has a well-rounded education that overlaps with all specialties. An NP is a nurse practitioner. Whereas the RN cannot prescribe medications, the nurse practitioner is licensed to do so, as well as diagnose conditions. The Phd makes him a highly educated man in the medical field. [solvhealth.com].

@barjoe some did, not I. I do understand the enormous work & time involved in getting a PhD in anything. But it is So easy to indicate what your degree has been earned in, using abbreviation(s) after the "PhD", there is a entire recognized way to do it.
One assumes, because he is giving medical information with Doctor in front of his name...well, what would the average reader assume? Where in actuality his PhD is in Philosophy.
I just find it unnecessary for such a well-rounded, articulate, yea, popular, man to allow such assumptions when it is so easy to avoid.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:585476
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.