Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Dear Joe Scarborough: Nice Smear. Now Invite Me To Debate Your Network's Russiagate Coverage

"Implying that anyone who didn’t buy into the moral panic on Russia was a traitor was a fairly constant theme in media and politics in the last four years, with NBC’s smear of Tulsi Gabbard as a “favorite” of “Russia’s propaganda machine” being one of the ethical low points of the era. Why should Joe Scarborough be above the same tactics?

The exact quote:

I’m amused by so-called reporters who — I don’t know if they’re useful idiots for Russia, or if they’re on Russia’s payroll … but there are some gifted writers who spend all night and day, trying to dig through, looking for instances where the press screwed up on Russia stories.

He went on to say that yes, there were instances of mistakes, and some bad mistakes, but “more often than not,” the press got it right. Perhaps this could be a new slogan for the network:

MSNBC. We get it right. More often than not.

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Zzzzzzz......

Former CIA Director Leon Panetta was caught on a hot mic once saying that every major person who works on US TV news works for 'us' -- the CIA. Having read widely on this subject, watched docos by journalists, and listened to some whistle-blowers on this, I do not doubt it is true. Having watched Joe 'I'm just a stupid country lawyer from Alabama' Scarborough a great deal, if he's not an asset, along with that wife of his, I'd be astonished. There's always some MIComplex line he's running, and is a stupid enough country lawyer to think that people don't know it. Between him and Maddow Russia obsession is an artwork at MSNBC. Truth is, low level flunky of Russia that Trump is, the fact is he just wants to be a Putin clone, a wannabe dictator, and local US fascists are more important and worrying than Putin's undermining efforts.

My Glob, does Matt Taibbi know how to turn a phrase. 😆

"Most of the major outlets were terrible on this story, but MSNBC’s particular brand of suckage was visible from space during the key years of Russiagate."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:585761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.