Agnostic.com

8 18

LINK Why the latest shifts in American religiosity are so important

Less and less are inclined to believe in the fiction of god etc.
"A Washington Post analysis, also relying on Gallup data, went on to note that the percentage of Americans who say they consider religion to be very important has dropped to 48% -- a low point in modern polling -- and the percentage of Americans who regularly attend worship services has fallen even lower."

K9Kohle789 8 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Republicans have always relied on the Christian vote to win elections. These new trends away from Christianity are certainly good news for Democrats. HOORAY!!!!

I always take poll numbers with a grain of salt. Been burned by them to many times. Easy to manipulate the numbers to say what you want them to say.

But if this is fully legit and accurate then it's a half a baby step in the right direction.

Yes! A big step in the best direction — akin to my quitting Catholicism— would be more states adding direct democracy — the direct initiative, referendum, and recall — to their constitutions.

That's great! I remember when I was a kid that number was around 75% It's moving slow but it's moving in the right direction.

It’ll piss off the Evangelical and all faithfools. Oh how I wish I could see the look on their faces.

Think on it a minute. We have the Internet to thank for this. Correct info is at our fingertips today. Unfortunately so is the wrong info, bur people will figure it out.

It’s a big ship to turn around

Mvtt Level 7 Mar 31, 2021

...and the turning has begun.

Baby steps, but America still has a very long way to go.

I agree. Europe’s many religious wars drove them away from religion and America may have a religious war in our future. I hope we fight and win it at ballot boxes.

Not nearly enough, but lets hope the trend continues.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:586228
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.