Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Caitlin Johnstone: The entire world should be laughing at America for pretending to care about Muslims in China — RT Op-ed

"The US president's preaching about human rights in a nation he wants to undermine have never sounded as hollow as when he speaks about the 'oppressed' Muslims of China. Just ask any Muslim-majority country bombed by the US.
The current representative of the US empire finally held his first full press conference yesterday, an embarrassing and undignified affair which saw a gaggle of obsequious imperial stenographers gather round to make believe that important policy decisions about the operation of the most powerful government in the world are actually being made by this dried up empty husk of a man who can barely think or talk.

Once again we heard the US empire babbling about the plight of Muslims in China, with the words tumbling out of Biden’s dementia-addled brain that he “made it clear that no American president, at least one did, but no American president had ever backed down from speaking out of what’s happening in the Uyghurs.”

By “what’s happening in the Uyghurs” Biden was attempting to articulate a concern for the human rights of Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang province, a talking point the US empire has been fallaciously and dishonestly pushing with more and more aggression as attempts to halt the rise of China escalate in urgency. And literally seconds later, Biden made it clear that that is exactly what this feigned concern for Muslim lives was indeed really about.

“So I see stiff competition with China,” Biden said. “China has an overall goal, and I don’t criticize them for the goal, but they have an overall goal to become the leading country in the world, the wealthiest country in the world and the most powerful country in the world. That’s not going to happen on my watch because United States is going to continue to grow and expand.”"

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I agree about u$a's lack of authority over human rights I am rather pleased with "this dried up empty husk of a man who can barely think or talk." He is certainly better than any of the alternatives were (and all Dem's would have taken this position with China).

Tap, tap, tap.

@WilliamCharles Magic 8 Ball says you're wrong. The choice we had makes being the most Progressive Admin since FDR all the more remarkable. He has my support.

@rainmanjr - JRB has told Wall Street "nothing will fundamentally change." I think he'll keep his word to them. He has the potential to do great things, but I fear he's sticking to his usual MO of spouting platitudes. We shall see.

[cnn.com]

I never get why people post stuff from Russian State Propaganda.

Yeah, Russian propaganda cuz everyone can see that Biden is sharp as a tack.

/s

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:586319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.