Agnostic.com

3 5

On a personal note:

I'll be starting a new regimen of pain medicine. It is time to give opioids a break. So, if you don't hear from me, please know that I am doing what I can to keep it together. No thoughts and prayers required.

Spinliesel 9 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hugs from me...hope it goes ok. Music is my remedy for most things ...so go listen to what does it for you...I posted Van Morrison earlier in the Music Fans group. Don’t know what pain relief regime you’ve been put on, but I have always found Diclofenac effective.

THC is a very effective means to reduce or replace opiods. CBD may work too. It takes a couple of weeks to adjust to the psychoactivity of THC, but tolerance does build.

Thanks, Racoon8. I am surrounded by weed smokers and have found that it has an effect on the pain but also keeps me sitting in my chair, and that is bad. I need to move more, not less. That's why oxycodone was so good. I take a tiny dose and can start moving, then just continue on. But now I have reached the tolerance level and need to take more than the minimal dose for the same analgesic effect. And I am not going down that road. Thank goodness, there has been some development of synthetic drugs that work similarly on the whole "war on chronic pain" I'll give anything a try. And, as always, there is music.

Hang in there, pain is something a lot of us have had to learn to live with and it is no easy row to hoe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:586752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.