Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Rize (2005) - Trailer - YouTube

This was a really fun and interesting documentary. It came on after I finished Chris Rock's "Good Hair."

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Closing tune. It ended a bit dark. Turns out I may have actually been in that movie. Seriously.

The competition towards the end is something. There's a true joy of life coming from the community.

:-----:

"David LaChapelle's documentary, Rize, explores the clowning and krumping subculture in Los Angeles. He says of the movement: "What Nirvana was to rock-and-roll in the early '90s is what these kids are to hip-hop. It's the alternative to the bling-bling, tie-in-with-a-designer corporate hip-hop thing."[11] LaChapelle was first introduced to krumping when he was directing Christina Aguilera's music video "Dirrty".[3] After deciding to make a documentary about krumping, Chapelle produced a short film titled Krumped,[3] which was screened at the 2004 Aspen Shortsfest, and gained more funding to produce a longer version as a result of the positive response.[3] In 2005, the longer version was released as Rize and screened at the Sundance Film Festival,[12] the Auckland International Film Festival,[13] and several other film festivals outside the United States.[14]"

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

It looks like the full movie is available on you tube (I saw it on Pluto TV).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:587544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.