Agnostic.com

6 12

Just got 'accosted' by Evangelidiot.
Seems he is planning to start his own Lawn-mowing come Yard Cleaning Business.
But he has 'discovered' a few problems, those being,

1. He does NOT own a Lawnmower,
  2. He does NOT own a Lawn Edger,
  3. He has NO idea where to purchase such things,
  4. He needs to apply for an Australian Business Number, pay taxes, etc, and,
  5. He wants to EMPLOY me as his Assistant and is willing to pay me a very wholesome and generous rate, his words NOT mine btw, of $ 2.70 per hour BUT I MUST supply my OWN equipment as well AND cover ALL the costs incurred in using them.
    I told him nicely, that I will GIVE him my answer when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.
Triphid 9 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

emphasis on IDIOT

Exactly,

Almost as much fun as when my neighbor hired a re-roofing bunch & they knocked on my door to ask what i could loan them in the way of power tools....

With such an enormous turnover, he will also need to register for GST. How clued up is he about employment law? Ditto insurance?

Well, it would be, imo, like his BIG plan to become the Main Sales Point for Firewood around town about 4 years ago.
The biggest problems from that idea were,

1. he NEEDED me for a source of Contacts on Grazing Properties where he (LOL) could source the firewood WITHOUT needing to cut the Property Owners in the deal,
  2. the 'plan' involved me cutting, collecting and storing the firewood solo but being charged for fuel and the use of his vehicle and trailer at a nominal fee of a, in his words, $40.00 per trip,
  3. ME, loading the trailer for every delivery, delivering it and unloading it for a MERE recompense of 20% per load, priced at $120.00 per half tonne,
  4. Him using my home phone number and ME to take orders BECAUSE he is on the Dole and IF the Social Security found out, he'd lose his Job Seeker Payments,
  5. PLUS, keeping a SUPPLY on hand for HIS use only as well.
    I'll leave it to you to guess what I told him to do with HIS Big Plan then.
    I have 3 sources where I can go, with my friend Alan, each winter, to collect, cut and load firewood for both myself and Alan every winter.
    We ONLY collect from dead and fallen trees that we also replace with seedlings grown at home, so far in the last 3 years we have planted about 200+ seedlings that have grown to reasonable sized trees which has made the Property Owners more than happy.
    And this winter, thanks to some decent rains, etc, we will be planting about 150 more seedlings of Mulga, Redgum, Mallee and Black Box, weather permitting.

Good non-God! This man is truly a premium specimen of insanity!

Sounds like he has crunched the numbers and the plan won't work without a healthy injection of slave labour.

Or in his case....when hell freezes over.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:587729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.