Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK We Talked to the Captain ‘Blamed’ for the Suez Canal Jam

"Elselehdar, who is Egypt’s first woman sea captain, found herself in a vortex of a vicious disinformation campaign that falsely blamed her for piloting Ever Given—the largest container ship in the world, which is nearly a quarter-mile long—and “crashing” it into the Suez Canal.

“From what I saw, the fake posts came up within hours of Ever Given getting stuck,” Elselehdar told VICE World News from Cairo. “In fact, I was hundreds of miles away in Alexandria aboard the AIDA IV ship, and my friends alerted me to the viral posts.”"

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's sad that even if it were true, that it would supposedly somehow reflect on the gender as a whole.

There was a large construction project on our campus right next to our building allowing us to observe the entire project. Early on, there was a long line of double trailer bottom dump trucks to excavate the basement. One day a truck got stuck coming out on the steep makeshift dirt ramp coming out of the pit. It brought the entire chain to a halt for the rest of the day till it got unstuck costing huge amounts of money because of the delay. It was a female driver. We learned she was not allowed back. I felt bad for her. While I suppose that's part of the learning process, it seemed like something that could have happened to anyone. I often wonder how she took that in stride and how her driving career went from there.

[differenttypes.net]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:587864
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.