Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Recording released of Clinton suggesting rigging Palestinian election - The Jerusalem Post

Old news to be sure (though it was virtually ignored by the MSM), but it puts Hillary's accusations of foreign interference in a somewhat different light.

:-----:

"In a recording released by The Observer on Wednesday, Hillary Clinton is heard suggesting the 2006 Palestinian Election should have been rigged.

The quote is from a 2006 interview between Clinton and Eli Chmosky of the Jewish Press during her campaign for reelection to the US senate, and was part of a previously un-aired portion.
Advertisement

Regarding the election, in which Hamas beat Fatah by 74 to 45 seats, Clinton said "I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake. And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.""

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not surprised. It was the Clinton’s’ version of realpolitik that eventually drove me from a Democratic Party still tainted by their legacy.

Could have just meant a good PR stunt campaign/ media attention? 😉

You'd have to elaborate for me to be sure I understand.

Our own MSM talks about "influencers" in a wholly selective manner based on who is designated the enemy du jour at any given moment.

More often than not, it's the sins of omission that shows how the strings are being pulled.

@WilliamCharles from my understanding of the wording of what she said it was suitably vague, from a legal perspective, to suggest that nothing untoward was definitely suggested.
Chomsky, unfortunately, has discredited himself my falsifying information which has been proven on his climate change movie.
More pots calling kettles black I feel.
Unless the sins of omission are shredded tax documents I’m not sure your comment stands. In the UK the onus is on the accuser to make a case, an overactive imagination often damages a relationship, but in the business world it usually takes more than that to discredit someone I’d hope.

@girlwithsmiles - the type of omissions I'm referring to are the endless examples of selective outrage. For instance, Iran is regularly condemned for their nuclear program, though they are signers of the NPT and alow inspections. Israel should by barred from much US aid as per the Symington Amendment as they have undeclared nukes, including nuclear weapons.

AIPAC is a foreign lobbying group but are not required to register as such. Much ado was made of supposed Russian influence in our elections, while Israel's get ignored. We condemn human rights violations in other countries, while we ourselves are guilty of torture and other war crimes, as are more than a few of our allies.

So much for the moral high ground.

@WilliamCharles yes, the world is a different place if you try and exercise logic in it. But being educated about the idiocies of the world whilst making positive changes within your circle of influence can help. It helps me stay sane. I give a little bit of money to some charities and try and do good.

It’s never made sense to me that a Country with arms tells another not to. The US has a long history of support to Israel, but we cannot change that, but you can avoid buying a soda stream! 😉 you can support groups that go into Palestine and offer aid.
I know it’s indoctrinated into those in the US that you’re patriotic; but many of us are not represented by our Countries. Many of us, at times, are dead against what our Countries do, ( am thinking Brexit, Iraq). But for our sanity...it helps to let some of that big and awful stuff go to some extent.

@girlwithsmiles - I wrote this during Operation Cast Lead. I have had Palestinians thank me for expressing things in this way as they often feel invisible and forgotten by the world.

:------:

To the surviving people of Palestine,

I am truly so very sorry that you, your families, your neighbors, and your country suffer so as a brutal slaughter is waged across your land. I have tried to remain informed and active politically so that I could do whatever I can to help prevent my country from inflicting further such tragedies on others. As you might imagine, sometimes I too feel very helpless in this regard. You all have done much to remind me that sometimes courage can be as simple a thing as to just keep moving forward. And for that, you have my sincere respect, admiration, and gratitude. Please forgive us for not doing more to protect you.

To the dead, there is nothing I can say to lessen the pain. You are missed.

~ LanceThruster

@WilliamCharles that’s beautiful, I’m glad it has provided some solace to people.
It’s difficult to forget their people. I’m sure that there are many in pain that we don’t know about, but it’s certainly tough to forget the plight of the Palestinians, especially knowing that it was a very contentious, ‘solution’ even at the time the agreement for Israel was made. But some Jewish people, apparently, also get great relief knowing that they now, ‘own’, their holy land, as much as such a thing can be owned and regardless of the process 😞

@girlwithsmiles - I am very much drawn to the writings of Caitlin Johnstone. She observes just how insane it is to live in a world where advanced technology blowing people up (among other horrors inflicted on people) is met with complacency and not outrage.

I've tried to watch Hunger Ward about the starvation in Yemen, and had to turn it off as it was just too painful to absorb.

Change comes with awareness, but it is still difficult not to feel helpless.

@WilliamCharles yes, I don’t see the point of steeping in the horrific or painful. Past or present.

I feel it’s important to be aware, then take action if you can.

Education isn’t enough, unfortunately, although sometimes slow change needs a total juxtaposition of thought from people before it can take place.

Feelings of helplessness, as much as concentrating on things that we have no control over, can stop any useful actions if we’re not careful.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:587891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.