Agnostic.com

13 6

Do people actually use this for dating, or is it basically just an open forum to discuss socially unpopular ideas with like-minded individuals?

Jake625 4 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seems to me it is a very open site which is for friendship that might lead to dating if you happen to come across a like-minded person in your vicinity. The members are very far-flung so dating is perhaps a bit less likely than on other, specifically dating sites. It seems to give a lot of pleasure and support to a lot of people, though.

That was my initial intent, but then I found a smart, alive community.

Welcome to the site.

The site is less than a year old. So this early, most peopel don't really have much of a local datbase to choose from. However, over the last couple of months I've seen posts of persons who said they met peopel from the site and had gone out on a dte. As the site gcontinues to grow the dating aspect of th esite will probably become more applicable.

It seems to me we are pretty united, and following the majority of the country's mood, by despising The Orange Idiot!

I find it to be a sort of community site, with the added spice that maybe there might be a kindred soul on it who wasn't impossibly far away, although one might need a weekend to go for a visit. (Might even get a bed for the night!)

I know there's other people in my town that belong to this forum but I can't pull hometown people up on a search. I can't figure out how to see others that live closer than 100 miles from me.

Bob, just curious why you say it's not for dating?

@BlueWave I suppose they would make it easier for people to connect. I have not met any like minded forum people in Sulpur or lake Charles Louisiana. But ive visited others near me and I've seen these people on their profile site. That don't make since to me. Why can't I pull them up? Orange Texas is 30 miles from my house and I haven't seen any members there. I suppose if i changed my profile for dating I may see these people. But i shouldn't have to do that. I have you and maybe 6 more members that live close to me. That can't be right. I wrote a post the other day asking how many members are on this forum? It never got put out there. I never got a comment.

@BucketlistBob Might be a searching glitch.

But, lots of people are using the dating aspect of the site. Some people have even met, found a spark, etc. That's the part that confused me -- when you said "It's not for dating."

@BlueWave. Well shucks... your probably right about the glitch. I'm so happy about what you said. It's awesome that people are coming together and making a love connection. Thanks for straightening me out...lol. I need my friends to tell me things...lol.

@VictoriaNotes ... in my little towns? I must of missed something... thanks Victoria.

@VictoriaNotes. I can't pull those members up to see their profile. To chat to them.

@VictoriaNotes i don't get it... They don't show any Sulphur or lake Charles members.

@VictoriaNotes your right Victory. I was trying to use another method that gives me members In Houston. The button you press that says more then the one that says nearby.

Yes!

There is some "dating", tho more 'trying' I believe! This has become a number of communities, some inter-linked & a few mor insular. The ideas don't have to be socially umpopular, though those kinds of ideas do arise. Check out the categories & the Groups, there are many interests represented here! Welcome & dive in!

What he said. There aren't enough members yet to provide a wide dating choice for any particular area of the country.

Personally, I'm not here for the dating part. On the other hand, I've received relatively little feedback on most of my posts and have observed the same few individuals receiving loads of feedback on some of the most basic of topics. Just my opinion, all in all this is a decent forum to connect with fellow heathens. Being that I struck out already with a few women on here who I had passively discussed romance etc with, I think I'm going to avoid the dating part from now on.

Two thoughts, young man! 1. humans as a species are more apt to going off a cliff than to think proactively (even when provided with detailed, simplified information re: cybersecurity) and 2. my real life son always says 'you only have to find that one guy, mom!'
'Never surrender, Never give up!'
One more bonus thought: some of us are just incredibly intimidated by technology. For instance, I have to approach your wealth of information (a veritable treasure trove! when I feel less under the weather...) You hang in there!

@crazycurlz I'm hanging in there. Not long after I had posted the above comment I started to receive more feedback on my posts, and I've been impressed so far with the group I had started. Regarding the dating part, I think for the time being I'm going to withdraw from that and focus attention elsewhere, for a while anyway. I hope you get better soon.

Yes and yes...

I don t know but its sure as hell more interesting than joining a dating site.

I haven’t even came close to a date!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:58808
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.