Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Biden Is Too Busy To Decriminalize Marijuana, Harris Says | Marijuana Moment

"Vice President Kamala Harris says the Biden administration isn’t focused on following through on its marijuana reform pledges because it’s too overwhelmed with responding to the coronavirus pandemic.

In an interview with The San Francisco Chronicle, the vice president was asked about cannabis policy and said “we haven’t yet taken that on” despite campaign promises to push for reforms like decriminalization and expunging prior marijuana records.

“Honestly, right now, we’ve been focused on getting people food, helping them stay in their apartments or in their homes, getting kids back to school, getting shots into arms,” she said. “That has been all-consuming.”"

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Walk and chew gum. It's like they're saving certain things for when they can trot it out for some needed brownie points. He wanted the job. Feet to the fire.

I think that's a fair and telling response. It means they still have full intention to take it on after we beat back infections. It's not really how many ultimate numbers die, anymore. If a million (the likely real number) isn't enough then more will have no impact. It's about cases that don't overwhelm the medical system in every way. In fact, insurance will probably demand vaccination or no coverage if it's private and I would support that.

That is a criticism? To me, it means that his focus on the issues that really matter.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588156
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.