Agnostic.com

5 12

LINK Gallup poll shows large increase in Democratic Party affiliation

More Americans identify as Democrats than Republicans by a margin that hasn't been seen in a decade, according to a report released by Gallup on Wednesday.

An average of 49% of adults age 18 and older reported Democratic Party affiliation or said they are independent with Democratic leanings throughout the first quarter of 2021, the pollster reported. The survey was conducted by phone from January-March.

In comparison, 40% of adults identified as Republican or Republican-leaning. The 9% difference is the Democrats' largest advantage since the fourth quarter of 2012, according to the report.

The remaining 11% of respondents were political independents with no partisan leanings.

Democrats have typically held a 4 to 6 point advantage over Republicans. Shortly before the first quarter of the year, the gap in affiliation was virtually nonexistent before Democrats' advantage widened by 9%.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I registered as a repub, but will change to Dem in the near future. I will fix a big mistake of my youth.

After Hoover they were out of power for a generation and Trump was worse. When slime like Gaetz represent you, I think you're due for a reckoning.

Biden won by roughly 7.5% so we've picked up a few by his virus handling. That's also why Biden is tacking further left than he's comfortable with. The torch has all but past to the new generations and Joe is introducing many leaders to strong families who will guide them. If we are successful in improving life and climate policies then I think we have a chance at total natural domination for a long time.

Let's hope that more and more people are finally seeing that the Republicans do not give a damn about them.

It’s hard to miss.

Gallup is a Republican pollster, as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.