Agnostic.com

1 2

You are addicted to it from birth but do you know how to breathe?

With thanks to @JackPedigo for originally posting the links.
"Evidence began to accrue that long-COVID patients were breathing shallowly through their mouths and into their upper chest. By contrast, a proper breath happens in the nose and goes deep into the diaphragm; it stimulates the vagus nerve along the way, helping regulate heart rate and the nervous system. Many of us breathe through our mouths, slightly compromising our respiration, but in patients with post-acute COVID syndrome, lung inflammation or another trigger appeared to have profoundly affected the process. In these cases, patients’ breathing “is just completely off,” McCarthy told me." Meghan O'Rourke

[theatlantic.com]

[dysautonomiainternational.org];

Some years ago I paid for Stig Severinsen

to teach me how to breathe after nearly forty years of smoking cigarettes. If you also decide that you will benefit from his teachings please tell him that FrayedBear introduced you 😁.
FrayedBear 9 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i guess the seventh chakra is good for something after all eh

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588178
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.