Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK The Two Faces of Joe Biden The press is building an image of a "radical" progressive hero, while reality looks a lot like the same corporate Democrat

"In fact, in the 2019-2020 primary season, Bernie Sanders was regularlylambasted by the same blue-leaning press outlets for trying to re-imagine F.D.R. through programs with names like the “Green New Deal.” Proposal after proposal that had been directly inspired by F.D.R. was described as too expensive, unrealistic, or a political non-starter heading into a general election.

Now that the real version of that brand of politics has been safely eliminated, a new PR campaign is stressing that Democrats did elect F.D.R. after all. Moreover, a legend is being built that crime-bill signing, PATRIOT-Act inspiring, Iraq-war-humping Joe Biden wanted all along to be a radical progressive, but was held back by the intransigence of the evil Republicans. Is that even remotely true?"

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He's trying to do a number of good things and just a few bad ones. Whether he will turn out to be a Hillary or an FDR remains to be seen.

I'm sure on the whole Joe Biden will do some laudable things, I just blanch at the hagiography. It is a constant reminder of the shallowness of politics. Every image and utterance is calculated. Joe is presented as some cool steady hand, when the reality is that he's a figurehead and puppet for other interests. Meanwhile, I see Bernie Sanders in there fighting the good fight (largely, as I feel Jimmy Dore's criticisms are valid).

I am intensely bitter, as the DNC conspired to kneecap Bernie (twice), but now pretend that any progressive leanings they have are what they're about. Joe is an accomplice in this subterfuge as far as I'm concerned. I feel the signs are that he's in cognitive decline, and I do not feel he'll finish out his term. While Kamala Harris on paper is groundbreaking in her election, I have my own issues with her as well (and I voted for her for her California offices). Pelosi and Schumer are more times that not awful, for similar reasons.

And finally, it should never ever be forgotten that these are largely the people that gave us Trump in the first place. He was their handpicked pied piper. They plan to run a mediocre warmongering corporate tool against a boorish incompetent and corrupt game show host worked... just four years late. They couldn't beat their own ringer the first time out and could have easily list to him again with Creepy Addled Uncle Joe. As it was, he had zero coattails.

I mourn what could have been. They Dems are largely a fake opposition party in the kabuki theater of American politics.

I can agree with you completely, yet hold to what I said. Joe Biden is a neo-liberal but in a sense so was FDR, he still accomplished great things. I haven't known a president in my life time who was someone I looked up to.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588486
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.