Agnostic.com

9 5

LINK A Black Woman’s Prayer to “Hate White People” Is Generating Predictable Backlash | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

(It seems religion is nexus for racism no matter which race you are)

Christian author Sarah Bessey is facing backlash over her newest book: A Rhythm of Prayer: A Collection of Meditations for Renewal. The book is an anthology of prayers from several different authors, meant to be uplifting and inspirational.

One of those poems is written by Dr. Chanequa Walker-Barnes and opens with the statement, “Dear God, Please help me to hate White people.”

snytiger6 9 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So much for uplifting, when you have a prayer aimed at hatred based on race. I have never understood myself, why our black brothers and sisters insist on worshiping a God that endorsed their enslavement to begin with.

Religion is basically hypnosis. What you imagine in a hypnotic state becomes real to you

Haters should grow the fuck up, regardless of the colour of their skin.

Hell, I'm White and have no difficulty hating most White people. It is hard not to. If I were another color it would be even easier.

This should be avoided and condemned. None of us need to be hating anyone for race or skin color. If a person of color did something bad to you I'm sure you can also find a situation where an all white person did the same thing. Anyone who hates in this way will never be my friend and I will avoid them as much as possible.

Sadly faithfools hate each other due to skin color and belief.

Wait til Chauvin gets acquitted if you want to see unrest and backlash.

Ah, justification.
Religion sucks, and supports the worst aspects of human behavior.

Religion IS the base of racism and bigotry. Its also the comically small blind they try to hide their racism and bigotry behind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588573
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.