Agnostic.com

4 12

Eight years ago today April 13, 2013, my mom lost her brave battle with Alzheimer's. She was 92. I was her caregiver for the last two years. It was the best thing I've ever done. April 5 would have been her 100th birthday. I miss her

barjoe 9 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So much respect to you. I will be my mother's caregiver when she can no longer live independently.

Deb57 Level 8 May 3, 2021

Your mother is lucky to have a daughter like you.

At least your mother lived to a good age. My sister died from the disease's effects when she was only about 60. Her husband was well & truly pissed off though I wonder how much was crocodile tears at loss of his codependant.

If I was you I would publish a blog about your experience so that others may benefit from your experiences & insights.

It's very difficult

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 13, 2021

I bet it was the hardest thing you've ever done as well.

The hardest thing was the fact that my family didn't help me. Worked against me and treated me as it I were their employee.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589126
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.