Agnostic.com

9 9

LINK The Mormon Church May Excommunicate a Sex Therapist Who Puts Science Over Dogma | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This would be a church court (Yes, the Mormon church has church courts), with an accusation of apostasy, which in this case is disagreeing with church dogma... which they consider to be doctrine.

If ti were a man, I seriously doubt they would be as concerned, because in the church view it is alright for men to dictate to women, but not for women to dictate to men.

Yeah, I was raised in the Mormon church. I am a bit jealous as it took about10 years form my original request to have my name removed from their records, until they finally did it. They do all they can to maintain membership numbers and are relucrtant to remove anyone form the church rolls. Although it is easier for women to be removed than for men.

snytiger6 9 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My family went on vacation one year and for two years afterward we were bombarded by their missionaries trying to baffle us with their bullshit. My parents hid from them when they came to the door but me already being an atheist and finding their nonsense repulsive I got tired of the cowardice and just started answer the door saying "If you are affiliated with any religious organization please go to hell...." After 3 months of this and my parents getting upset by my telling them to politely fuck off they stopped bothering us.
Oddly my parents stopped complaining about the way I handled the matter after they saw the results...

I wish my mother told the missionaries to fuck off. but, she was weeding outside and it was hot , so she invited them in. This happened before I was born, but it resulted in my having a mostly unhappy childhood.

Science over dogma? What are they thinking?

Ayeah I was raised in that one ...

Seems "God" spends an awful lot of time worrying about what goes on in peoples' pants LOL

God watches everyone masturbate...What a pervert!

Mormons have to wear magic underwear. When they get married, men and women have to buy modest undergarments, which are sold, at a profit by LDS. Joseph Smith was the L Ron Hubbard of his day.

So the leaders in the Church of Morons are a bunch of sexually repressed idiots. That comes as no surprise to me.

I have a question @snytiger6. As an ex Mormon, do you think any of your relatives may put you back in after you die, like they started to do for Holocaust victims years ago?

If memory serves correct, the Morons ( Mormons) do have a ritual/ceremony of sorts by which they can re-instate the 'soul' of a dead person EVEN if that person refused it on their death-bed.

I'll be dead, so I doubt I'll care.

But yeah, Mormons do baptisms for the dead, to bring persons who were not members in their lifetime into the church/.

In my case, I was excommunicated (by request), and excommunicated persons are not supposed to be brought back into membership, even after death. Of course they may have changed that since I've left. I dont' discuss religion with my relatives.

I understand Roger Williams, founder of the Baptist Church has been baptized. I am sure he feels much better.

Religion disagrees with science? What's new?

If you are a member or associate with any religious organization, you should expect to be subject to any crazy dogma that their particular interpretation could be of their unholy texts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589673
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.