Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK US police and public officials donated to Kyle Rittenhouse, data breach reveals | US news | The Guardian

A data breach at a Christian crowdfunding website has revealed that serving police officers and public officials have donated money to fundraisers for accused vigilante murderers, far-right activists, and fellow officers accused of shooting black Americans.

In many of these cases, the donations were attached to their official email addresses, raising questions about the use of public resources in supporting such campaigns.

The breach, shared with journalists by transparency group Distributed Denial of Secrets, revealed the details of some donors who had previously attempted to conceal their identities using GiveSendGo’s anonymity feature, but whose identifying details the website preserved.

The beneficiaries of donations from public officials include Kyle Rittenhouse, who stands accused of murdering two leftwing protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last August. Rittenhouse traveled from neighboring Illinois to, by his own account, offer armed protection to businesses during protests over the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rittenhouse is living a comfortable life out on bail while his victims lie dead in their graves. Why hasn't this guy been tried, convicted, and jailed? Are the Republican prosecuters waiting for people to forget about Rittenhouse so they can let him go with probation?

Rittenhouse should be prosecuted to the make. And his supporters names and info should be released to the world at large. Talk about a double standard. Rotten bastards!

That's why they became cops. They're a bunch of fascists.

Interesting. Here's a question for you. Did they have fascist tendencies before they became cops, or did the process of becoming a cop make them fascist. I ask because I have a very sweet former son in law who became a cop. One of my kids (not the one that was married to him) still keeps in touch with him on occasion. I have trouble imagining him as a fascist cop, but it's been quite a few years since I have seen him. Also, there are many non white cops, do they also become fascist?

@HippieChick58 They become influenced by their peers. Most of the misdeeds are committed by white cops. If you've been watching the Chauvin trial, all the defense witnesses are fascists. Pretty much, if they voted for Trump, they're probably fascists.

@barjoe Which comes first, being fascist or going through police training. Do we need to reexamine how police are trained, or do we need to reevaluate who becomes police officers?

@HippieChick58 I just know that anybody who donated to Kyle Rittenhouse defense fund is a complete fucking piece of shit.

@barjoe On that I totally agree!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589871
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.