Agnostic.com

15 6

How much food do you have is freezer burnt?

Geeze I threw out some unknown food yesterday. We try to eat all we cook but some is put in the freezer. My wife says don't throw that out. Then we start storing it again. The circle begins again...

BucketlistBob 8 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My freezer only stores 3 weeks of food so don't really get that problem lol

I don't have any.

LOL! I can totally relate. I have very good intentions when I buy food that I'll make later; and when I make meals and intentionally double the recipe for leftover freezer meals.

But, the truth is is that sometimes I run out of time or desire before the freezer burn sets in.

I hate throwing out what once was perfectly good food. Since taking on a second part time job, I've stopped buying much fresh food "to eat during the week."

I now buy fresh food for just one meal these days -- otherwise it will go bad before I find the time for it.

Freezer food still needs to get used, however. Thanks for the reminder for me to take something out for cooking in a couple of days. 🙂

Alrighty!

Geez, something I don't think about often...better go take a look.

I never waste any food.

None. I don't keep it that long.

If its freezer burnt I throw it out. My tenant(my ex) gets meat fron food bank-try to cook it right away Sometimesit comes in freezer burnt. I never refreeze it.

I vacuum pack and label buy in bulk freezer is about 1/2 full. If I go hunting in fall I hope to put an entire stag in there.

None. I rarely keep food in the refrigerator freezer. Refrigerators cycle between freeze and thaw to prevent ice build-up which also wrecks frozen food (particularly if the package does not sealed properly). My frozen food is in chest freezers. They don't cycle and so keeps food crystal free for much longer.

None!

None@

I don't think I've got any that is frezer burnt, but I haven't looked too closely. If I had to move and wanted to empty out the freezer, pantry and fridge..... I probably would want to start two months before, give or take.

Happens ocassionallly, usually after we have had visitors and they leave something unsealed. Chickens do well from it. ie we feed it to them.

I had chickens when I was a kid. I can remember running around to put them in the coup because of the rain... city kids with chickens...lol.

@BucketlistBob I was also a city kid, we had some bantams.

LMAO @ this question.

I found ground pork for swedish meatballs from 2015 the other day 😟 (I thought I'd cleaned everything out since then? )

Never have freezer burnt food because I have dogs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.