Agnostic.com

7 5

Would you like a different perspective?

As a general rule Buddhists and other vedics do not proselytize. This is because everyone's path is their own to find and trek. But even with that metaphor it's important to see all the options available to you. I spent decades emerging from the damage done to me by the Southern Baptist mire ... and it was this sweet little man who helped me. He showed me that I can find peace while respecting ALL other beliefs and even non-beliefs. This presentation to visitors yesterday covered his views about respecting all views in a secular frame. If you have some spare time I'd highly recommend watching it.
[facebook.com]

JeffMesser 8 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's worthwhile to view many different perspectives. there are all sorts of wonderful folks out there in the world. presuming anything about anyone is most probably a bad idea.

We can argue and possibly offend them, but in the end, we should respect their RIGHT to hold false beliefs. No reason to respect bad ideas.

yeah, essentially. I have a bit of skewed view here because I already possess the objectivity of seeing the beliefs as just a black box labeled "means" instead of being blinded within them. Gaining that distance and subsequent objectivity is crucial because it allows one to draw the distinction.

Anyway, I always have had a soft spot in my heart for the Dalai Lama.

I shall take a look...

I always do

Thank you for posting this.

Neither do jews.

i can't watch it because my laptop won't let me watch videos, but based on what i have read in this post, this is pretty much how i look at things. while i do understand that most religions i can think of at some point promoted things i find repulsive, rape, genocide, killing babies, things like that, i think the first goal of most religion was to make those who followed it feel safer and to help them explain what at the time was unexplainable. i have no problem with that, i just think a lot of things got taken too far. i know that there are people out there hurting others in the name of their god/s, but i also know that not all religious folks are like that. so no, while i don't respect ALL other beliefs, i don't think that just because someone thinks differently than me that it makes them bad.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 17, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59306
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.