Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Here’s How Evangelical Churches Strategically Keep You Coming Back for More | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Drew McCoy walks you through and Evangelical service narrating liek in a nature documentary. (follow link for video).

snytiger6 9 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even though I recognize the power in the rituals and practices described, I still think most religious people are willfully ignorant and on some level know what they are doing. Even as a kid that went to church I suspected this was all bullshit and the more I researched the more certain I became. Maybe I became an atheist because no one in my sphere challenged that...maybe it was because of my particular mentality. But I can't even go to any kind of anything in any church because I find it creepy. Are people really that weak minded? Is indoctrination really that powerful? That's a dangerous combo we already know is effective as that dynamic has played out in history numerous times.

To put in a purely Psychological context, it is called Subliminal Programing, exactly the same thing as Advertising Companies for Supermarkets, Toy Makers, etc, etc, have been aware of and doing for decades already, especially when it comes to advertising during Children's Television Program Times, Meal-times and when families get together after dinner and sit around the Television.
A Preacher/Pastor/Minister, etc, etc, FIRST learns how to become a successful Orator.
Note the constant usage of the hands and arms making gestures, the right hand and arm in particular.
As the Great and Renowned Roman Orator, Cicero, once wrote " To capture the audience completely one MUST first and foremost capture their undivided attention, not with just mere words but with gestures, great and noticeable gestures, use ONLY the right hand and arm, the recto, for that signifies honesty, ( even though there may be none at all in what you are expressing), integrity ( even though all you seek is to manipulate) and unity with the audience, fail to do these things and you are lost even before you have begun."

By promising that if you contribute to the “cause”…….That you’ll see “peace” in heaven.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:593622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.