Agnostic.com

29 4

Who do you look up to the most? and why?

Renickulous 7 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This will most likely get me booted right off this site but my answer is..... my mother and father. A handsome, god fearing couple. They taught me to say yes ma'am and no ma'am, please and thank you....and that has made all the difference. I'm pretty sure everything else they did was with the sole intent of screwing me up as a human being, but they managed to get the basics right.

Bernie Sanders. He's stayed honest and continues to fight for the people after decades in politics.

No one. Why doI need someone to look up to?

I don't look up to anyone either...but I am always throwing an eye here and there just in case something of value happens to walk by.

@DUCHESSA That would be looking around and about at people.

@jlynn37 No, that's observing and learning from people. See, regardless of how much you know there is always something else you can learn.....every day.

People who take care of others. Especially if the others are children. My dad was a pediatrician. His older brother was a child psychologist. His younger brother was an educator. My mom was a grade school teacher. All amazing people.

Anyone taller than 6 foot 3 inches tall.

Well then. I look up to you

I honestly can't answer that .. probably Roadrunner

Those little fuckers can haul ass.

@kenriley Haha!! 😮

@Nickbeee AND, they can kill rattlesnakes. Seriously.

@Condor5 Haha awesome ... I love stuff like that.. Seemingly innocent creatures with mad powers of survival.. Never had a clue they were that predatory or brave !! bit mindblown.. Always thought they were amazing birds but killing Rattlesnakes is nuts !! 🙂

@Condor5 cool as f*ck

my children. They have grown up in difficult times, with only one parent, and they are still kind, generous and loving. I know of few people who could be so honestly good with some of the circumstances they've had.

My Mama. She was the strongest person I have ever known. Even though she's been gone for nearly 18 years, I still look up to her.

Do you mean whom do I respect the most? My son. He's grown and I admire him. I feel like he's grown into the absolute right person for me to pass the torch to.

Noam Chomsky I think he's really amazing - puts things out there so well and is thoughtful adn kind - I could probably think of loads of other people but he just came to mind always sensible.

He is lovely !!!!

My wife as she is truly nice to everyone even if they don't deserve it [ me included]

You're a lucky man.

@Condor5 the one lottery I did win !

My father, who passed away in 2000. He was the wisest and kindest person I knew. And I wasn't the only one who thought so.

Myself. I'm all I have.

Sarah! We won't let you be alone. Now you have all of us! What a treat, huh? HUGS

@crazycurlz Thanks. ?

Probably my older brother; never recall seeing him angry, and he's a really smart guy.

My son. He's just awesome. National Honor Society scholar, plays in two school bands, plays five intruments, varsity wrestler, math and science whiz, and social butterfly. That boy is going places!

Nice. He sounds like a really good kid.

Jesus.

Wait.

Too late... is on the record... you said jesus.

LOL! Well, at least the stuff Jesus allegedly said matches a lot of quantum physics, and has things in common with many other beliefs.

My son, taller than me.

I have a few friends who are a generation older than me and are still actively living their lives. They inspire me to continue to believe that age is just a number.

Sid David Attenborough because he speaks the truth and knows what he is talking about.

Look at everyone and look up to no one.

Mount Rushmore because it's so tall with four great presidents! Not like the orange clown we have now!

ebdb Level 7 Apr 16, 2018

The same people I looked up to before: Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein. Jimmie Carter.

Frank Zappa.

Zappa was definitely cool.

"Look up to" implies I am lower then those I respect.

I do not feel this way.

I do however have the highest amount of respect for medical professionals and scientists.

Donald Trump - he's making America great!

gater Level 7 Apr 16, 2018

He is? Too busy paying attention to life to worry about a governmental puppet.

Face Palm.

@NoMagicCookie Hes also bringing about world peace. Hes had a tremendous influence in bringing North Korea to negotiate. His bombing of Syria was a joint effort with England and France, showing World Unity. Trumps an expert negotiator, given a chance, it could happen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59484
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.