Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Texas Church Baptizes Man After He Accepts “Lie From the Devil That I Was Gay” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Evidently the church deleted the video before it could be captured, but if you follow th link there are screen shots.

I'd be willing to bet if you checked back in 5-10 years, the guy would once again acknowledge he's gay.

In 10 year follow up studies of persons who claimed religion cured them of being gay, the suicide rates are more than twice as high ss the average of less than 1% who still claim to cured of being gay after 10 years.

snytiger6 9 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Probrably got tired of constant harassment of Christians around him and gave in

5 - 10 years is very generous me thinks.

Of course, one doesn't choose their sexuality.

Why would anyone choose to be gay if it actually was a choice? Their lives would be so much easier if they simply chose to be hetero. People are gay because they have no choice in it. They were born gay like someone is born black or Asian or tall or short.

Only Xian ignorance thinks someone can be "cured" of who they are.

I have said this Exact thing for over half a century! Nobody would choose to be gay, even in this little pocket of (very recent!) relative enlghtenment!

There's always a sucker born every minute who buys into the bigotry of religion that homosexuality is evil and sick. It's sad when a queer person lets it end up with them hating themselves.

Usually it is religion that has you ending up hating yourself.

This is one good reason religion should be outlawed.

I think it should be categorized as a mental illness, as it is totally based on delusions and magical thinking.

@snytiger6 You know, you’re right!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:595143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.