Agnostic.com

39 3

How do you take your scotch?

I'm not saying there's a wrong way to take it, but...

• 27 votes
  • 11 votes
ScubaWags 7 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want one bourbon one scotch and one beer😉

That don't confront me long as I get my money next Friday!

@cmadler Last call for alcohol.

I take it back to the liquor store. Clearly I purchased the wrong bottle! 😉

Orally

A good scotch should stand on its own. Neat. Nothing else needed.

exactly

No it couldn't. It needs a friend, you know, another glass of scotch.

Don't drink scotch.

neat.. maybe a splash of mineral water, depends on my mood

Quit drinking over 7 years ago. Still waiting for synthetic alcohol. Theses days butterscotch has to do.

I take mine and give it to someone else. I'm not into hard liquor.

From the tape display.

I take it to someone who likes that stuff. I prefer beer and gin.

Disguised as tequila.

cutty and soda

Depends what she likes

Left in the bottle. Blah..... Give me a coke or a glass of water please

Single malt, neat, room temp.

I found Templeton (if rye counts) neat to my taste but they changed it a bit. I haven't found another I like as much.

I'm currently enjoying the 14 yr old port cask...
It's nice.

Tempelton is delicious. It was also Al Capone's brand

@RyArcher sounds lovely. I have a bottle of 12 year Balvenie I am slowly working through.

@ScubaWags I have heard that! I wonder how closely the current version matches what he would have enjoyed.

@Donna_I I wondered the same thing when I first heard that

I don’t.

Gotta have it on the rocks

Neat. There is no other way!

I haven't tried Islay. My go-to's are MacCallan, or Laphroig. While I don't use ice, I will admit that I have gotten into the habit of adding a couple droplets of water to help release the different flavors/aromas

Definitely neat.

In a glass or out of the bottle.

See...

I learned to drink scotch in self defense. I'm a sipper, and I can drink all evening at a rate that doesn't get me drunk. And that savours it, too. I started when my wife took me to visit her dad and stepmom, they kept your glass full. She if I sipped Scotch I could drive home and not drive the porcelain bus! Yes, by night's end there were a lot of drunks, but I wasn't one of them. I learned to enjoy scotch by sipping, and still do 40 years later.

Like a big boy. Straight, no chaser.

By the neck of the bottle to someone who drinks it. there is a thing called choice where you have it how you like it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59534
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.