Agnostic.com

7 14

LINK In England, COVID Death Rates Were Much Lower for People With “No Religion” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Of course non-religious people don't gather together at least once a week with over a hundred others, exposing them to infected persons.

snytiger6 9 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religious or not, 9 in 10 people support COVID vaccinations in the UK. That is more like the main reason why death rates are declining fast.

Ryo1 Level 8 May 19, 2021

I would also like to confirm that churches, mosques and synagogues remained close in the UK during lockdowns. Maybe, it has to do with the fact that atheist probably pay closer attention to the facts and acted accordingly in their daily lives (mo kissing, hugging etc.)?

Religious or not, 9 in 10 people support COVID vaccinations as well as respecting the lockdown rules in the UK. That's probably why.

Religious people weren’t allowed to either, they were running virtual services, filmed weddings and virtual bible study groups.
Muslim people are much likely to live with or support their extended family closely, in my experience, leading to more overall contact to pathogens.
One of the Muslim gents that I work with said, even before we were locked down, that his mosque were taking things very seriously and Eid wasn’t celebrated the same way in 2020. This year it will/ has been the same 😞
The religions hardest hit seem to be those with non white participation, I believe they are still studying why non white people have been hit hardest by Covid 19, but like most of these cultural discrepancies it’s likely to be a multiple of factors including lower average income, (still), and the joys that brings 🙁

Not surprising.

Of course...because they did not gather with the masses in a church.

LMAO! Faithfools don't like wearing mask or social distancing.

Gee wiz, imagine that. 🤔😉🤭

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597407
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.